Are you planning a holiday in the beautiful Scottish Highlands? Then you’re in for a visual treat. Get ready to see some of the world’s most natural, pristine and beautiful locations replete with mountains, miles and miles of lush greenery, tucked away ancient woods, rivers and glens and lochs.
There is plenty to see here and experience. Given below are a few of thelovely locales to visit in the Scottish Highlands.
- The City of Inverness: This is one of the most popular and must-see destinations. There is the fairy-tale-like castle, the lush, scenic grounds, Inverness art gallery and museum, St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Abertarff House for the art enthusiasts and history buffs. Something for everyone.
- Cawdor Castle:Shakespeare lovers will love it here. It is a beautiful place with Shakespearean literature, fine period furniture, ancient hawthorn tree reeking of mystery, and beautiful gardens.
- Loch Maree: Scottish lochs are by far the most beautiful that one can ever feast their eyes on. The Loch Maree is a testimony of this. The deep Pleistocene valley, Victoria falls is a veritable haven for nature lovers. And not to mention the picturesque village of Gairloch and its heritage museum.
- Loch Assynt and Ardvreck Castle: North of the Ullapool is the Loch Assynt and the Ardvreck castle, and the ChualAluinn Falls having the reputation of being Britain’s highest waterfalls.
- Dunrobin Castle: This castle is a testimony of the affluence of the dukes of Sutherland. The conical corner towers and slate roofs give it a fairy tale touch and reminds us of the Loire Valley chateaux in France.
- The Orkney Isles: The Skara brae Prehistoric village, Maes Howe Chambered Cairn give the Orkneys a pre-historic touch. The Isles by itself is very scenic and quite popular among nature lovers, bird watchers, walkers and hikers.
There are many more beautiful locations in Scotland. It is a feast to the eyes. And if you are wondering as to how to travel in Scotland, may we suggest campervans and here is the best campervan hire in Scotland that can help you travel in ease, and comfort.